Search This Blog

Sunday, February 7, 2010

Connections

I recently lost quite a bit of weight. This was huge to me because FINALLY I was getting my body to do what I wanted it to. Shopping for clothes is fun now. I no longer dread going shopping only to see I will be wearing a size higher than I wore a few months before that.  The weight loss journey is FUN eventually. It was always a goal of how much more can I lose. However, when I go shopping I see clothes that use to fit and say, "Hey this looks like my size" only to check it out and see its the size I use to wear.  Now, before you say I have body image distortion or something like that there is a total mind change when you lose weight and you find yourself going back to what you use to be. When someone who doesn't know about my weight loss says, "but your so thin" when I rethink ordering fattening food or some other situation. I do tell them I was 50 pounds more than this. I don't think its fair for others to feel as if I'm being condesending to them by being cautious.  Normally people ask how and I tell them. No magic pills, no surgery,just W.W and excersise. I want people to know its not easy, but THEY can do it to. I LOVE seeing people lose weight now because I know what it took them to get their and the mindset you have to change.

 I wonder if that is the same with Infertility. I mean heck I don't remember my mind frame before it. Whatever choice we make Adoption or pursing fertility treatments I would like to think that I would let people know about our journey not complete details of course. I feel through this I have learned a lot about myself, my marriage and how I will parent a child. Will I go back to enjoying showers, being OK with pregnancy announcements (I have heard EIGHT in the past month or so.. thank you Facebook), or other things???

1 comment:

junebug said...

When someone loses a lot of weight fighting against genes, medical issues and other problems, it is often hard for others to realize how hard earned that weight loss is for us. It is something that is not viewable so people don't get it. I am proud to tell people that I've lost so much weight. I worked hard to earn it and I don't feel it is bad to share that struggle. Congrats on your weight loss!
I do think it is the same with infertility because it is, also, a hidden struggle.
Others aren't with you in the stir-ups or on the treadmill with you. I have tried to remember this when others are judging me to be more lenient when I start to judge them.
:-)