Search This Blog

Saturday, December 17, 2011

Bored and xmas

I'm bored, so I'm posting.  Yeah, I probably shouldn't admit that, but oh well.

I love my new house. Hense the reason I DON'T want to visit family for Xmas. We have gone to both families during our two weeks off for our entire marriage.   Its not like our families live right down the road either. This is Texas, Nothing is close. My family is 6 hours away and his is about 5. So, really I just want to veg at my house. Will this happen? Highly doubt it. I'm just feeling nonchalant about the holidays. 

Oh, and an update on the baby situation. It looks like it won't work out. It hurts a little, but I was never promised anything, so I'm not too devastated.  I  can now only imagine what a true failed adoption must feel like. I wasn't in tears and I was VERY cautious emotionally, but I would think that if you finally let your guard down and it failed it would just be awful. 


7 comments:

kerri said...

wow. that is quiet a haul to spend the christmas holiday with family. i think once, i'd have to be "sick". ;)

www.infertileslaughing.com

Trisha said...

Sorry to hear that it didn't work out. Hopefully 2012 will bring you some happier news!

ICLW #62

Amanda said...

Here from ICLW.

I would agree - stay home, be with your hubby and relax. One year I came down with a horrific stomach flu on Dec. 23. Knocked me out for the entire holiday - maybe a bug is in your area?!!?

Stephanie said...

I'm here from ICLW. This year I'm feeling a bit low because we moved so far from family and it will just be the two of us for Christmas. But reading this post makes me realize that that could also be a blessing! Merry Christmas!

Jayton said...

Just stopping in from ICLW :Merry Christmas

Anonymous said...

Here from the ICLW. Do you still blog for Fertility Authority? I blog for them also!! Which blog is yours...I would love to read it.

Hoping 2012 is your year!

Michelle said...

Sorry to hear about the baby! After having one failed adoption, I know what you mean about guarding your heart!! We just got our baby girl & I'm on eggshells awaiting the birthmom's court date to terminate her rights!!! Merry Christmas & God bless!!
Happy ICLW!