Search This Blog

Saturday, December 17, 2016

What no one told me about adoption

If you read my blog, you know I am adopted .  This is a wonderful thing
for my future baby.  I can relate to her on that aspect. I'm the SOON to be adoptive mom now and it's different.

1) This is stressful guys!!!
Like whoa!!' Home study done. Nursery Done. Waiting for baby to be born done.
I am normally a realist, but I know full well birth mama can change her mind.
I am not in any way prepared for that. How could I be?? Other than the fact that
I know it could occur does not make it any easier.  I don't think anyone could be trained to
have that happen. You just have to keep faith.

2) You can't use Short Term Disability for leave
Yup!!! America sucks when it comes to paid leave. We are behind Afghanistan. Chew on that for a
bit.  One redeaming this is STD for mom's who give birth. Well, adoptions don't qualify. So, if you don't have a lot of banked sick days or vacation days(teaching gets zero paid vacation) then, well you better start saving. Get with the rest of the world America!! Paid leave is bonding time with your
baby/child. It's a need. Off my soapbox.

3) It's scary!!
This is unknown territory for us.  I pray we are doing everything correctly. I'm trying to dot my "I's" and crosss my "Ts". I don't want anything to bite our butts at the 11th hour.

I'm the end you need faith!!! SO much!' You got this!!!  

P


No comments: