Search This Blog

Sunday, May 17, 2009

Yeah I said it.. Sue me

I follow message boards for infertility and normally they are a very productive place to vent. Everyone going through the same thing.  I find it helpful to only talk to women in my age group because we can't get pregnant due to medical issues, NOT our age.  There is difference. Now, if I wait too much longer to do IVF age will be a factor.  Well, one woman who  is about to turn 44 just went to the fertility doc for the first time(after getting off the pill at 38 thinking she had all the time in the world ) and was SHOCKED to find out she had basically run out of time. WHAT?? So, I commented and said, "I'm FLOORED that your suprised you can't get pregnant."  HELLO???? I know women are having babies later.. blah blah blah, but what people don't realize is that is due to fertility treatments a lot of the time. Anyway, the comment didn't go over so well (suprise suprise) which I kind of figured it wouldn't. These women said that they didn't have the education about biological clocks back then(TOTAL B.S because my mom told me). I think they just thought it would "never happen to me."  So, THIS is why I only talk to women my age. The older ones are bitter because they technically waited to long. THe younger ones are bitter because they followed the rules and it's not working. The two don't mix. 

No comments: