Search This Blog

Friday, July 23, 2010

This Summer

This Summer has been insane. It just has. First, we almost lost my Granny more than once. She is STILL in the hospital and we are unaware of what the outcome will be. My sister got married and that was a rushed mess. She's now pregnant as you can see from my previous post. Finally, I had back surgery. I had a hernia.ted disc and I needed surgery.

Its been a rough two months. I am surprised of how I am dealing with My sis pregnancy. It hurts I can't get pregnant that easily, but of all family members I want this to work out for her the most.
She and I were adopted and being identical we have the same DNA. So, in a way this baby will be half me. For some reason this makes me incrediablly sad but excited at the same time. Sad, because it won't be my husband annd I producing this child.  Excited, because hopefully in the end there will be a little half me out there someway or another.

I can hate my body for not working the way I want and I do,but hating my sister won't help anything. I have been honest with her on the details I dont want to  hear and she's respecting that so far.  I don't wish her the pain of infertility, but I wish that on no one. 

7 comments:

heartincharge said...

Here from ICLW.
I think you are are such a loving sister. When I think it is the pregnancy's of those closest to me that will hurt the most, I end up getting really caught up in the happiness of it for them. It's the outer circle that stabs me more. The randoms, the frenemies, the classmates, the friends of friends- it's like - her, too? But with those I really love, the joy outweighs the pain. I hope it is that way for you with your twin.

Krissi said...

Wow! This was (almost) exactly me a while ago. I have an identical twin sister that didn't have any trouble getting pregnant. She got pg the very first month she tried (while I was 5 months along after 3 attempts at IVF). Then when we were both trying for our 2nd, she got pg AGAIN on her very first try as I was miscarrying a baby from yet another IVF. 2 more cycles later, and I became pregnant with twins...so it worked out for me in the end but at the time it was incredibly painful. Especially because we have been incredibly close all our lives and she NEVER experienced even an iota of what I went through...not even ONE negative hpt! And while I would never wish infertility on anyone, it made me feel so alone. So, I feel you. I just added your link! Happy ICLW! (#45 & 46)

Heather said...

Stopping by from ICLW. You've had a rough couple of months. I can't imagine how tough it would be to deal with a pregnant sister. I can see why you have mixed feelings though, especially with her being your twin. Sounds like you've been a great sis though.

Take care.

Suzy, Not a Fertile Myrtle said...

Hope your Granny is better soon.

I totally get what you're feeling about your sister. My younger brother and his wife have three beautiful daughters that came so easily to them, and yet we still struggle.

Hope the joys of being an Aunt help ease some of your pain.

~ICLW~

Patience said...

I am so sorry to hear what a challenging summer this has been. Dealing with my sister's pregnancies has been really hard for me, and I can't even imagine if she were my identical twin. You have an amazing attitude about it, and I pray that brings you strength.

ICLW

heartincharge said...

I came back to find you. I posted the first comment on this post. Please come see my post for today http://lilyinthevalleyblog.blogspot.com/2010/07/eggy-face.html

I hope you are feeling alright.

Browniris said...

Stopping by from ICLW...I can't imagine how hard it would be to hear that news about your sister. Good for you for being so supportive. Hang in there!