Search This Blog

Friday, July 27, 2012

"God has a plan"

"God has a plan for you."  I know I am Christian, but I detest those words coming from someone else.
When you tell someone of a loss or a struggle, "God has a plan" are not words that really comfort me at that time. Those are words I have to come up with on my own in my own time through my own grief.

Those words are self serving and make the person who is saying them feel better. Maybe that is just me. Maybe I'm the one who does not get it. I wish, though, when someone would say that they would tell me what Gods plan is.

What  I'm leading up to is an update on the Save Veronica case. Long story short her biological father was given custody by the Supreme Court. She was taken away from her adoptive family who had cared for her from birth til 2 and half years over 1% Indian blood. I can't imagine the pain of the family. Their loss and hers is huge. I don't know what the families plan is for the future, but one thing that comes to my mind is the monetary cost of all of this. They do have a Face.book page if you would like to support them. I want to know what "God's plan" was in all of this.

Right now.. My prayers go out to them which I think is far better than saying "God has a plan."

No comments: