Search This Blog

Saturday, July 28, 2012

I love you Chick Fil A

I admit I have a love affair with Chick Fil A. I admire them as a company. They treat their employees well, its a clean place and super family friendly, the wait is always quick and the food rocks.

By now we all know the stance of the owner of Chick Fil A. He does not agree with Gay marriage. OH NO!!! Not agreeing with pop culture???How dare a 91 year old man do that???

I have my own opinion on this, but I feel this has gotten ridiculous. Chick-Fil-A makes chicken.  That is how they put bread on their tables. They also do amazing things for communites and schools. They have some great values that I feel as a country we have let go to the wayside. It is refreshing to walk in to a store and see a Christian mission statement standing strong. GOOD for them.  Jesus even said this would happen. Jesus himself was put through the ringer, but he stood by his belief and did not change it.
Chick-Fil-A will not change theirs due to popular culture.


Mark 8:38 If anyone is ashamed of me and my words in this adulterous and sinful generation, the Son of Man will be ashamed of him when he comes in his Father's glory with the holy angels.

So, to me this isn't about Gay marriage if I agree with it or not. Its about an amazing business who has made one statement. ONE. It is their opinion. I'm certain I have done business with companies that have beliefs that I don't agree with, but I'm not going to stop my business with them unless it harms me or my family. Below  is a link to a blog that states very clearly how I feel.
http://jenhatmaker.com/blog/2012/07/27/in-the-basement#.UBL92l0iCLJ.facebook



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like this. I really do. I admire the owner of Chick-Fil-A for standing up for his beliefs, especially when so much of culture is going against that. Thanks for sharing.