Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

gym

OK... get ready for TMI, but today I was SO freakin bloated I knew I HAD to go to the gym. I wasn't as good to my body this holiday as I was last year. HELLO... some times you have to have pecan pie and I hadn't had it in a year and half!!! So, I left school, went home, got dressed quickly, got back in my little car and hauled butt to the gym by 5:30 and BARELY made it for my Spin Class. Now, this class is so intense most people who start for the first time walk out after the first few minutes,so it's never really a packed class. Most people just watch through the window and shake their heads probably thinking "those people are insane."
Now, there is generally about 9-10 people who attend this class, but NOT TODAY!! There was 24 people and I got the last bike, RIGHT in the front row(I HATE the front row). New Year's Resolutions at their best I guess. Not certain if I would start my first workout as the Spinning Class due to the fact it is so intense that I'd get frustrated and say "forget this workout shit, I'm going to Popeyes."
People were waiting in line to sign up for the new year. This same trend happened last year as well. By March, many had stopped showing up, but there are some who have continued and have had great success since last January. If you start to work out for the first time in a long time I strongly suggest you start with a nice little "Beginners Step class" because if you don't you'll die in the Spinning class. Build up your endurance, then when you feel ready try the Spin Class again. IT'S SOOO worth it!!!!

No comments: