Search This Blog

Sunday, January 4, 2009

My thoughts for the New Year!!!

I'm hoping that 2009 is a MUCH better year than 08'. I'm sorry, but this past year just sucked. It was a blah year. I know many people who think so. Reasons below:
1) Global reasons... none of the news is good economically. It's just painful for everyone. NO one likes to feel unstable. Ike too took a toll on many people financially and emotionally. Many are still dealing with the aftermath. Thus, they are probably telling 2008 to kiss their ass.
2)Personal reasons... No baby for the Grahams(duh), we are still renting(this is by choice somewhat), turning 29(it stings) because I plan on being this age for 5 years:)
3)Health... My grandpa had a small stroke. Thankfully, he is doing well, but he's 90 and that was SO tough for him to go through and you know old men. They are stubborn!!!
NOW for 2009....
Good things
1) Tony is going to the Fire Academy this Spring. I'm normally very apprehensive, but this is something HE wants to do, and you know men. Once they get their minds set on something. He'll have his FF license by June and EMT by July. We'll be broke, but he will be working part time. We'll adjust. We always do.
2) HOPEFULLY we can start putting some massive money away for IVF. The toll will be around $20,000.(I know you think "she's crazy, that's how much my car cost I'd NEVER do that... well I've said those words before, and as my mom would say "famous last words." yeah, well I have no choice) I'm thinking of doing a program where you can have 3 rounds for a set price and then get 75% back if you don't have a live baby. Sad huh?? I mean your SUPPOSE to do this pregnancy thing for free!! Which brings me to a thought I had today while making supper.
Of course I know most people get pregnant by having sex. You know, what they teach you in school, but I seriously forgot that's how its suppose to happen. I mean I pass a couple with a kid and I wonder if they had to have fertility drugs or if it was "easy for them." Crazy huh? I'm certain in most cases it was easy. I guess I've gotten use to the idea of the route we will have to go.
3) We have found a church!! We found a good Methodist Church in Deer Park and we like the preacher.
I hope everything works out for everyone this year and its MUCH better than 08 was!!!

No comments: