Search This Blog

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Summer

OK...

Why am I thinking of Summer in January??? Well.. I am, because it's about this time (well, give them a few weeks) they start asking what we will be doing this Summer. Well... I need my "me" time. This time makes me a better teacher. There is a reason for Summer and it's NOT for the kiddos!!!
Since I have worked in my school district I have made different plans each Summer. The Summer of 06 I worked on Curriculum this gave me like 5-6 weeks off for the Summer. The next summer I attended like 2 or 3 workshops and that was it. I pretty much got my whole summer off that Summer. Last Summer I worked on Curriculum again making tests, going to workshops and subbing for Summer School. WHEW!!!! I have unoffically (because I tend to change my mind often) have decided NO MORE!!! I WILL HAVE a SUMMER!!!! Now, with that said I may sub a Summer School class or so (teacher's don't miss Summer School as they are paid on a daily basis), but I need the break.
I need the money too, but the break will for certain be needed. So. as of now I will be having a real summer with school over for me on June the 6th so I can come back in August ready and excited and not dreading the begininng of the year. This, I feel makes me a better and happier teacher. Fellow teachers would agree for certain.

No comments: