Search This Blog

Saturday, March 21, 2009

trick

Ok.. Maybe TMI , but I have OFFICIALLY found the trick to getting a late period to start. Just either take a pee test and your period will start the next day or just buy them in prepreation to take the next morning and BAM. I'd say this is about 90% effective because in the past I have taken pee tests only to have it to start the next week.
I was going good for over a year I was "on time." This is good for many reasons the main two are I was probably ovulating(yup wasted months) AND no getting hopes up. It was tough, but still no false hope.
I know after this long I shouldn't even get my hopes up, but when your body tricks you you start to think "well maybe" and break down and buy a pee test sometimes. Other times you just think "great whats wrong now??" and don't buy anything because you don't need another reminder. Other times I just get frustrated because I'd rather have it arrive on time than trick me. NOT COOL!!!Frustrating is a small adjective to describe this.
I have rules though. It CAN'T be a digital test. I don't need to see "Not Pregnant" in words and Tony has to be there. I learned this one the hard way. I use to take them without him there so that I could "surprise" him just in case. Each time I'd end up in tears. So he now has to be there. I have this cute little plan all hatched out that I won't be able to use (such a waste of imagination) I won't give away the details, but maybe one day I can HOPEFULLY "semi" use it. Also, the Pregnancy test can not cost over 6 bucks. Luckily, we found Target has 2 for $6.00. Having Tony there has proved to be great because we can talk about it more and get emotions out. I dont normally get my hopes up too much, and think Proctor and Gamble owe me some massive money by now.
Any aspect in dealing with all of this just sucks. The not being able to go forward sucks. We can't put our lives on hold right now. I don't have all the time in the world. I know 30 isn't old by any means, and women have babies late in their 30s "these days" but with PCOS your ovaries don't work right and your eggs have a tendency to well... suck. Basically, time is not really on my side.

1 comment:

Jill said...

Oh, good luck. It's so hard! And, I never used the "pregnant/not pregnant" pee sticks until I was sure it would say "pregnant." It's like that thing is screaming at you.