Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Friend

I logged on to Facebook Monday morning (yes, the root of all evil and pregnancy announcments) the other morning and I saw on someone's comments, "by the way congrats on the baby, babies are a blessing from God." OK... NORMALLY I roll my eyes and think "GOOD LORD these people are announcing this all over Facebook GAG me!!" Not on this one. This was a friend of mine who has been trying to get pregnant LONGER than me (Yes.. people who have been trying longer than 6 and half years DO exist and she was about to pull out a loan to do IVF).

SHE GOT PREGNANT the old fashion way.. you know the way they taught you in 6th Grade??? Yeah.. THAT way.
She has had 6 mediciated  IUI cycles (she's the one who told me about the lovely side effects of the medicine, thus scaring the crap out of me) and never got pregnant and all of a sudden things start working and BAM.

.I knew she had recently had Gastric Bypass surgery(her theory was since insurance won't cover my IVF I'm going to get SOMETHING out of them). So I texted her and asked her if she was pregnant. She responded "Yes, and I'm going to KILL my uncle for writing that."  (since then the post has been deleted).  She had only told family and wasn't actually planning announcing it on Facebook.. um ever. I  was truly happy for her. . I spoke with her last night and she said that she's still shocked and scared since she's only 6 weeks. She got pregnant naturally. Apparently losing the weight made her ovulate regularly and she got pregnant six months after that. How cool is that?? Oh.. I wish my situation was that simple, but according to my docs its not. Dangit!!!!!  So, we are praying this pregnancy sticks. I know she would be devestated if it doesn't.  These situations always give me hope for myself that pregnancy isn't as illusive and is a REAL thing not a bizarre happening that at this time is totally out of reach.

Nothing makes me want to be pregnant more than a pregnancy announcment though no matter what direction it comes from.  One day I can be all, "OK we will look in to adoption." Then I SWEAR the next day here come two or three pregnancy announcements. Its like taking a pregnancy test and the next day I get my period. FOOL PROOF way to get things going.

Oh on another note...You have to go to this site for some comic relief. The sad thing is most of this is true. I showed it to my mom and she felt sorry for me. I was like, "Are you kidding this is the thoughts that go through my head all the time?? Please don't feel sorry for me."

No comments: