Search This Blog

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Waiting

My husband has varicocile repair on the 9th of March. I'm ready, and I know he is as well. He will be sore and need lots of TLC. I know we need to take this one step at a time and my husband won't even let me talk about what will happen if it doesn't work. However, my mind can't help but go there because not only does he have a varicocile, but I have PCOS and a blocked tube. This is another added factor. So, I feel like we are waiting to make decisions again. However, these steps are far more than what we have been doing the last few years, which is nothing. 

So, while we wait I hear more pregnancy announcements. Some I actually roll my eyes at and others I cry about.   One eye roll one is my ex sister in law (now 40 with an 18 and 10 year old daughters) who is remarried and is pregnant. Its really not known by all now, but thats the second sister in law(age 40)  that I have that is pregnant.  They needed no help to get pregnant and I'm pretty certain both were just accidental. These are a slap in the face.  Most women that age struggle to get pregnant.

Its frustrating to see people get this so easily.  Maybe they take it for granted more.

3 comments:

junebug said...

My hubby has had that same procedure. He drives me nuts because I'm a planner so I want plan a,b,c,d,e & f. He doesn't even want to talk about plans. So I totally understand.
If I hear one more pregnancy announcement IRL I might scream. I had to buy three gifts this past week. I even have an idea that someone else is and isn't telling me. Pretty frustrating.
Part of me is happy when someone older then me gets pregnant because it gives me more hope that I'm not too old yet. But depending upon who it is though it is also frustrating.
((hugs))

Unknown said...

I get frustrated when those quite a bit older than me get pregnant because people then tell me, "See it can happen." Well, those people had no underlying medical issues. It very well may be easier for a healthy 40 year old to get pregnant than a 30 year old with PCOS and other issues

Emily said...

So sorry about the ex-SIL. That is just annoying! 40....really!!!! Gross.