Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Haiti

I believe it was a mere week or so ago I said to my husband, "If we adopt I want to do Domestic Adoption."  Well, since this earthquake my mind may have shifted just a tad.  I don't know if watching all the coverage is making me REALLY want to adopt a baby from Haiti or what.  Right after the earthquake I didn't think "OH HOW SAD!!!" I thought "WOW.. there will be a ton of orphans." YEAH, I know totally selfish. Now, don't get me wrong I do think this earthquake is horrible and feel deeply for those people as they are losing all of what they had. 

So, I did a pre app for an agency that works with Haiti. One thing I am concerned about is we will not be able to match since we haven't been married 10 years. I am hoping maybe the requirements will be changed given the situation.  With this one agency the apps have increased by 300% this week alone. At this time its chaos and they don't want to give children up for adoption who have families that are alive.  So, the next few weeks will tell quite a bit. I think they are trying to rush the adoption process in this situation. At least that is their main goal as it USE to take a mere few months to identify a child. The time between identification and placement was about 18-24 months.

I've just about become fed up with the Infertility doctors. It seems that one step forward is just one step back. We do have appointments set up for MORE diagnositc  procedures to be done, and we will keep them. Answers are important to me.  However, with as much money that we have paid I expect better service. My husband and  I are starting to feel like more of a Science project as a couple. I know this is a common feeling, but its so impersonal. 

I am keeping my eyes peeled on the news about this. I am also following this blog that REALLY seems to be on the Up and up about all this for totally clueless people like me.

4 comments:

daega99 said...

I do wonder if their processes will change in response to the dire need for these kids in Haiti!

I know what you mean about feeling like a science project :(

ICLW
http://daega99-arewethereyet.blogspot.com/

Rachh said...

There is just too much red tape when it comes to adoption period. We're talking about children who need loving homes and the fact that there are thousands of couples out there who could give them loving homes but may struggle to get through the red tape or even be put off by it, is heartbreaking.

ICLW
Rach
www.thegalwho.wordpress.com

Big Mama T said...

I do wonder whether the process will change...

Either way- good luck finding your baby soon- wherever it comes from!

ICLW

Mrs. Gamgee said...

The science project feeling is a big part of whay my Beloved and I have decided that IUI and IVF aren't for us.

I hope you are able to get the answers you seek, both ttc and adoption answers.

ICLW